Operations and Network
Operations and the network are the heart that connects every area of transport management. We use both dynamic simulation and statistical data analysis tools to examine and calculate how the operations and the network interact with other components such as timetable and scheduling; power and traction; yard operations; and people and traffic.
We can help you test any planned improvements and changes to evaluate the broader impacts on the entire network, and against current and projected growth.
Operations and Network and Scheduling Partners
Timetable and Scheduling
Our approach in timetable and scheduling development extends beyond the service delivery to include all its supporting and connecting components so that you can ensure the optimal service at each delivery point.
- Interconnectivity between multiple modes of freight transport such as shipping, trucking, rail, and logistics hubs
- Interconnectivity between multiple modes of passenger mobility such as buses, trams, cars, bicycles, ropeways, ferries, light rail and trains
- Revenue and non-revenue services
- Operational planning for the start and end of services and stock balancing
- Optimal unit stabling between peak services
Timetable and Scheduling Partners
Power and Traction
Understanding power and traction requirements is crucial to manage network capacity and improve system robustness. We use the latest state-based and dynamic/continuous simulation so that you can identify the power consumption at every point of operation.
- Facility and system design and components rating
- Power demand and energy consumption for current and future traffic
- Rolling stock scheduling/procuring to optimise energy requirements
- System and substation demand and optimisation
- System maintenance schedules for service reliability
- Electromagnetic compatibility studies (EMC)
- Energy recovery systems
- Energy minimisation/costs reduction opportunities
Power and Traction Software and Services partners
Yard operations is not just a black box of input and output for network and timetable design. Our approach is to open up the box so that you can gain deeper insight on how elements operate and integrate with each other and the whole network.
- Infrastructure change verification and evaluation
- Throughput capacity investigation in marshalling yards
- Passengers transport capacity
- Bottlenecks and their elimination
- Resource allocation: optimal locomotive requirement and personnel work shifts scheduling
- Planning operation during maintenance or reconstruction stages
Yard Software and Services partners
Pedestrian and Traffic
With people and traffic simulation, we can help you analyse and interpret the complex interactions between the physical infrastructure and the movement of people: both passengers and pedestrians. Our focus is overall customer experience because improved customer satisfaction encourages greater take-up of public transport, consequently increasing your revenues, improving social capital and reducing the dependence on road transport.
- Pedestrian flow and passenger throughput
- Interconnecting services: transfer time whilst connecting to a continuing service and reducing waiting time between connecting services
- Station optimisation
- Passenger loading impact on network operations
- Impacts of delayed services on the station traffic and recovery times
- Special events and emergencies
Pedestrian and Traffic Software and Services partners
1024 Design Pty Ltd
PO Box 1166